Shayne Leighton’s “Invincible”

Shayne Leighton. AND SHE’S A BEST SELLING AUTHOR?!!?? She sings cool rock music AND she writes vampire novels.

Yo, Claire here. To begin with, I’m queen at multitasking. I’m training our new Alternative Music Director, blogging, facebooking, AND eating. Go me. I mean there’s not much I can do outside. It’s hot. And it’s raining outside. It’s somewhat gloomy because of the rain as well. But at the same time, the dark clouds outside and the distant thunder goes very well with Shayne Leighton’s song “Invincible.” The heavy guitar and very clear lyrics that tell you to go out and stand up for yourself against all odds makes me want to run through the rain and be victorious should I not get insanely wet.

OR…we can just get straight to the point and say that her music is tastefully associated with her vampire novels.

“We cannot fight to be innocent. Stand up and face the enemy. It’s a do or die situation. We will be invincible”

I’m going to be playing “Invincible” in my head while I read her work.

But, putting all funnies aside, it’s a good song. Shayne has that female voice that would make anyone want to go out and do something great. Be a hero, you know? And her voice is very soothing yet well rounded.

“We got the right to be angry. What are we running for?”

And now I am putting the book down and associate her music with other subjects. To be honest, and this is coming from my knowledge of the women and genders studies program here at Valdosta State University, this song would be perfect for the Vagina Monologues that take place here every Spring semester on campus. That or it would be perfect for the events that focus on physical, sexual, and emotional abuse and the goal to spread the awareness of those problems in our society.

All in all, it’s a very good song to lift your spirits and stand up for yourself. Now excuse me while I go run in the rain or find a cute vampire lover. Go check out Shayne Leighton! The song is to be released on August 12, 2014.

https://www.facebook.com/shayneleightonfans