I Caught You Caring (ICYC) – December 2016

Congratulations to the December ICYC recipients!

Wes Duke, Information Technology

Wes worked with Clinton Cauley and myself from IT to resolve a major problem for Christy Croft that was preventing Christy from running the VSU Mail Merge letter mail merge and letter printing application to print Admissions letters.  This was a big deal for Christy as she was under a deadline to get letters printed.  Wes quickly confirmed our diagnosis that the problem was connected with Landesk Antivirus, identified settings causing the issue, made some adjustments, and had her up and running in less than 30 minutes.  Thanks for the assist.

William “Doug” Jordan, Information Technology

Doug Jordan is always willing to help in any way he can. While preparing for several reports I had due, Doug immediately assisted me in getting the information I needed on lab usage stats and trends – even within tight deadlines. Whenever there is an issue at hand, he is ready to accommodate the needs of his campus constituents, both externally and internally, and he always ends every conversation with, “I am happy to help.” He carries a quiet, humble and pleasant spirit that is to be admired and respected among the students, faculty and staff that he serves.

Alexis Mccutchen, Information Technology

I just wanted to recognized one of our student staff members here at VSU. She has always gone above and beyond in terms of doing little things around the office for the IT staff. She implemented a bowl of candy and also decorated her desk in the holiday spirit which brings in a nice atmosphere when I walk in. Plus since I personally had finals this week, the bowl of candy was a nice touch during stressful times. This morning she came around and told us she brought donuts for us all to show her appreciation. She did not have to do that and it was a very nice and kind gesture. She is a prime example of what VSU truly is in spirit and I am glad we have her in our IT department!