As communicated by VSU Internal Audit via email on 3/28/17, the status of two IT Policies has been updated.
- Background: During September 2015, the Faculty Senate, in conjunction with the Division of Information Technology, proposed revisions to the following IT policies:
1) 2101.1 Policy on Email, Web, and Portal for Official Communications
2) 2102.2 Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy
Both policies were posted for the 30-day comment period and all comments, along with the proposals were submitted to the Vice Presidents for review.
- Update: Summary of management’s actions:
- Final: 2101.2 Policy on Email, Web, and Portal for Official Communications (Replaced 2101.1) Proposed revisions approved June 16, 2016. View approved policy at: http://www.valdosta.edu/administration/policies/cover-page-2101.php
- Proposed: 2102.3 Information Resources Acceptable Use Policy -Suggested changes made by Legal in Green. Next Actions: Posting for another 30-day comment period. Review draft at: http://www.valdosta.edu/administration/policies/ and send all comments to firstname.lastname@example.org by May 4, 2017 by the close of business.