The American Library Association (ALA) has released its annual list of top 10 books libraries and schools have been asked to remove from their shelves, or from school curricula, during the previous year– usually because of swear words, sexual content, religious viewpoint, or because the material was deemed generally too mature for its intended audience.
Links below will take you to our holdings in GIL-Find.
- Lauren Myracle’s ttyl, ttfn, and l8r, g8r
- Kim Dong Hwaâ€™s The Color of Earth.
- The Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.
- My Mom’s Having a Baby! A Kid’s Month-by-Month Guide to Pregnancy by Dori Hillestad Butler
- Sherman Alexie’s The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian
- Phyllis Reynolds Naylor’s Alice series
- Aldous Huxley’s Brave New World
- What My Mother Doesn’t Know by Sonja Sones
- Cecily Von Ziegesar’s Gossip Girl series
- Harper Lee’s To Kill a Mockingbird