Odum Library will be closed on the Fourth of July. The library closes Wednesday, July 3rd, at 12:00 midnight and reopens Friday, July 5th, at 7:45 am, when regular library hours resume.
As you prepare to celebrate Independence Day, keep in mind the history of the holiday along with some swell facts for the holiday:
- Read the Declaration of Independence, courtesy of the National Archives
- View other important historical documents of the early history of the nation
- Note these fun facts about the United States this July 4th, 2013, including population, amount spent on fireworks, and likely origin of the pork or chicken you might be barbecuing this holiday
- Be aware of fireworks laws by state
- If you’re traveling by car, you might want to check this interactive map of gas prices by state
- Remember that Odum Library is a Federal Depository Library, which means that our government publications–including online ones–are open for public use. Just checkÂ the Government Documents site for more information!
Whatever your plans, we hope you’ll have an enjoyable and safe holiday and join us again at the library once we reopen July 5th.