As south Georgia prepares for a sharp drop in temperatures this week, take a look at these government resources with information about cold weather issues:
- The City of Valdosta offers tips to prevent your pipes from freezing.
- Ready.gov has pages for making sure you are ready for winter storms and extreme cold and have an emergency plan in place.
- A guide to promote personal health and safety is available from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- If it’s been a while since you used your fireplace–or even if you’ve used it recently–be sure to check out this safety advice for winter fires, available from USA.gov.
- Latest weather reports from across the nation are available from Weather.gov, provided by the National Weather Service.
Be sure you stay warm and follow these safety and energy-saving tips for weathering this cold spell.