34 Comments

Valdosta State Students & Faculty Volunteer with the Special Olympics of Georgia

Last week, the Valdosta-Lowndes County Parks and Recreation Authority hosted a bowling event as part of the Special Olympic Games at Jac’s Bowling Lane. At the event, many volunteers arrived to show support and to help, including students and staff from the Valdosta State University Dewar College of Education and Human Services, Moody Air Force Base, and hundreds of students and teachers from surrounding South Georgia counties.

Tammy Greenway, an adjunct professor in the Kinesiology & Physical Education Department at Valdosta State, has a son, Cade who has special needs. Cade is currently a student at Lowndes High School. According to Greenway, Cade has a desire to be social, and participating in bowling allows for him to be with friends while increasing his self-confidence. Greenway comments that being involved in this event allows for her son to believe he is a part of the normalcy of life. Lee Brown, an educator at a local elementary school says that her son Cullen was very excited to attend the event this year. Brown loves seeing the Valdosta State students and high school students help others with special needs. 

The event gained the support of many individuals in the community, in hopes to heighten awareness about the importance of the inclusion of students with special needs. The Special Olympics of Georgia provide opportunities to children and adults with intellectual disabilities to strengthen physical fitness, demonstrate courage, develop lasting friendships, and to experience joy. 

Source: Valdosta Daily Times, October 31, 2019

34 comments on “Valdosta State Students & Faculty Volunteer with the Special Olympics of Georgia

1. This is very great initiative and necessary for all student.

2. Dear Admin, this is a bit irrelevant to the subject matter discussed here but I need a little help of yours, I got unemployed due to covid 19 and I am failing at meeting my essential needs.

Being father of two and happily married I am already having anxiety taking pills every night and every morning, because at times i feel so hopeless; being unemployed I turned to my old passion to find some economic refuge, that is blogging, I have weblog where over the years I have provided science based, practical know-how on small business, marketing, advertising, sales and all that.

I started that blog to help future, would be entrepreneurs to launch their dreams, long story short I wanted to share it with students over here, here check it out and see if it really worth it, https://www.easymarketinga2z.com/ worth being shared over here ? 🙂

Please do check it out

Regards

Arshad

3. thankyo for text mesages…
    bungalov ev fiyatları
    #bungalovev #bungalovevfiyatlari #üçgenev

4. thank you for your interesting infomation.

5. İnternetten satış çağında olduğumuzdan siz de buna ayak uydurmak isteyeceksiniz. Online satış için hemen bir hazır e ticaret sitesi sahibi olup

6. thank you for your interesting infomation.
    سینا سرلک

7. thank you for your interesting infomation

8. The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing. 토토사이트

9. I agree! I support the useful activities of the students.
    Share with your friend cookie clicker free

10. Narrative essays, descriptive essays, expository essays, and persuasive essays are examples of these types of writings. essaybot review, on the other hand, is an essay-writing service that specializes in a wide range of subjects. All other forms of essays fall into one of these four categories.

11. Student tours and group activities are very effective in socializing people

12. I have thought so many times of entering the blogging world as I love reading them. I think I finally have the courage to give it a try. Thank you so much for all of the ideas!

13. Watch Online Pinoy Lambingan Tv Shows For All Episode In HD Quality Pinoy Tv, Pinoy Teleserye, PinoyFlix

14. Thanks for such a valuable post
    the content of this website is Top
    download Mrdeepfakes Mod APK for Free

15. We are providing the latest updates of seriale turcesti subtitrat in Romana on our website which you can watch in your free time. Visit us on our website

16. Tüm detayları teknoloji, deneyim ve özenle tasarlanan sandalye ürünlerimizi keşfedin. sandalye

17. Absolutely! I encourage the pupils to participate in productive activities woodoku

18. The quality and quantity of work produced here are absolutely informative. Thanks for sharing.

19. Very informative post. I’m looking for this kind of post. I suggest one thing more that you should visit this site too.

20. Dalane rame atiku sepi
    Angen angen tresno dibales tresno
    Nyatane tresno dibales maturnuwun
    Uwis nyaman sempet sayang kok malah ngilang Paito Sdy

21. Parrot’s price in Pakistan may varies from city to city. After reading cockatiel parrot, you would have an idea about current price trends

22. My stuff arrived a day earlier than I expected. The customer service and packaging were both excellent. I like the Yellowstone S04 Beth Dutton Wool Shearling Coat itself; it was warm and of high quality! I would definitely shop here again! Rating is 10/10, extremely recommended!

23. Tammy Greenway was wonderful teacher and mentor. Learnt a lot during his tenure. Amazing person!

24. Situs Blok Baca menjadi portal berita teknologi, edukasi dan informasi

25. It is a great post. I’m glad to see many people have a good educational background.

26. FYI, Tubidy is a popular website for downloading songs for free

27. Can I say it is such a relief to discover somebody who truly knows what theyre preaching online? You actually have learned to bring a problem to light and make it crucial. More people should see this and can see this side of the story. Ride Clarence Jacket I cant believe youre no more well-known simply because you definitely contain the gift.

28. It is a very impressive post. It makes me happy to realise that a lot of people have strong educational credentials.

29. Your writing has helped me grow both personally and professionally. Thank you for sharing your experiences and expertise with the world.

30. wheel spinner- Random name picker