All VSU students are invited to enter an online juried art competition sponsored by the Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery. A total of $500 in awards will be awarded for First Place ($200), Second Place ($125), Third Place ($100), and Fourth Place ($75). The Deadline for submission of up to 4 artworks is March 5. The virtual exhibition will open March 15 at www.vsugallery.org.
Eligible artworks: art created by current VSU students of any major, while the student was enrolled at VSU. All media accepted, including (but not limited to): drawing, graphic design, illustration, bookmaking, interior design, photography, printmaking, painting, watercolor, mixed media, collage, sculpture, ceramics, jewelry, small metals, animation, 2-D Design projects and 3-D design projects. Because the exhibition is online this year, work does not need to be framed but must be represented by a good quality, clear, accurate jpg.
This is a juried exhibition, which means not all works submitted will be accepted into the show. Tallahassee sculptor Mark Dickson will serve as juror and judge. He will select what he feels are the strongest works from art submitted on line to create an exciting, cohesive exhibition. He will also select First through Fourth Places for a total of $500 in awards to be announced when the website goes live on March 15.
No Entry Fee.
Submissions: Artists may submit up to four individual works. Diptychs (2 panels) and triptychs (3 panels) are considered as one work, however a related series of works in which individual pieces may be shown separately must be submitted as individual works. Contact Julie Bowland if you have questions.
Accepted Formats: Gifs, animation, MP4 video files and Jpgs-jpg Images should be submitted in the following way:
- 12” on the long side of the image at a resolution of 96dpi JPG files.
- Include artist name and title of work in the file-name see example below.
- Example of File Name: kalinawinskaincredibledrawing.jpg
- 3-D submissions may include one additional view of each 3-D piece.
- Submissions of paintings that are diptychs and triptychs should show the work as a complete whole.
- Interior Design boards for multi-board projects must be submitted as multiple images, but the files submitted should be labeled with the artist’s name, title of work and #1 (#2, #3, etc.) and considered as one entry.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions please contact: Julie Bowland, Gallery Director at 333-5833, FA 1070G, email@example.com