2022 ANNUAL JURIED
VSU STUDENT COMPETITION
Eligibility and Entry Requirements – The exhibition and competition is open to all Valdosta State University students. (You do not have to be an art major to participate.)
All work must be original, and completed within the last two years. Because last year’s Student Competition was online, work that was accepted in 2021 may be resubmitted and accepted into this year’s exhibition, which will be shown in the gallery. However, work that was given a First through Fourth Place Award previously will not be eligible to receive an award this year. Any work which as been shown in the VSU Fine Arts Gallery is not eligible for this competition.
This is a juried exhibition, meaning not all work submitted is accepted. Artist Richard Heipp, University of Florida art professor will select the work to be included and award First through Fourth Place awards totaling $500. Read about him here: richardheipp.com
All visual media is welcome (2D/3D/4D).
2D work must be either framed or the presentation must be approved by Gallery Director Julie Bowland.
3D work must be stable and self-supporting.
4D work must not exceed 3 minutes long.
Please refer to submission instructions for specific file formats.
No Entry Fee.
Prizes – Four monetary awards will be given in addition to Honorable Mentions. Awards include: First Place ($200), Second Place ($150), Third Place ($100), and Fourth Place ($50.) Honorable Mentions may also be awarded at the discretion of the judge.
Accepted Formats: Gifs, animation, MP4 video files and Jpgs-jpg Images should be submitted in the following way:
- Minimum of 12” on the long side of the image at a resolution of 96dpi JPG files.
- Include artist name and title of work in the file-name see example below.
- Example of File Name: evelyndaviswalkerforevercommunity.jpg
- 3-D submissions may include one additional view of each 3-D piece.
- Submissions of paintings that are diptychs and triptychs should show the work as a complete whole.
- Animations or motion graphics can be submitted as an .mp4.
QUESTIONS: If you have any questions please contact: Julie Bowland, Gallery Director firstname.lastname@example.org