Are you new to online teaching and learning?
Are you an experienced online faculty member, but would like to learn some tips and
techniques to incorporate into your course?
Do you want to enhance your face-to-face or hybrid course?
If yes, then visit the VSU “New to Online Learning: The Fundamentals CO” course!
Current faculty have been added as students in the course which will be available in
both BlazeVIEW and GoVIEW on Mon., March 10.
The course covers:
- Overview of LMS, D2L, BlazeVIEW and GoVIEW
- Technology Requirements
- Transitioning to Online Learning
- F2F vs. Online Teaching
- Instructional Design
- Quality Online Instruction
- Syllabus and Schedule Design
- Faculty and Course Introduction Tips
- Course Design
- Quality Online Course Design
- Online Course Design Tips
- Creating and Finding Content
- Online Learning Presence
- Discussion Boards
- Effective Discussion Board Design
- Discussion Board Tips
- Creating Effective Activities, Assessments, Rubrics and Grading
- Why and How to Use Technology in an Online Course
- Quality Matters
- What is Quality Matters?
- What do I do next?
- ADA, Citation, Plagiarism and Copyright Policies and Procedures
- D2L Resources and Assistance
We envision this to be an evolving course and updated regularly with new ideas and techniques. We need your help with this! Send us your feedback so we can incorporate into the course.