Welcome to the current tropical storm season! Find out the names of this year’s Atlantic tropical storms and hurricanes courtesy of the National Hurricane Center.
The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration provides answers to many questions about hurricanes, including:
- What does the National Weather Service predict for the 2011 tropical storm season?
- During which months do hurricanes most often occur?
- Where can I learn about the history of past hurricanes?
- Where can I track the progress of current storms?
Most important: how should I prepare for tropical storms and other weather emergencies?Â Here are links to expert advice:
- Hurricane Preparation Tips from VSU’s Department of Environmental and Occupational Safety (EOS), including the Campus Alert System
- Hurricane Preparedness, including what to do with your pets and how to prepare a disaster safety kit
- How to prepare your business and home for a disaster, from the Small Business Administration