In addition to our federal documents collection, Odum Library also is a Georgia State Depository Library and houses at least one copy of all Georgia documents received as a depository. You can view a selection of recent Georgia government publications in the Odum Library Reference display area. Come learn more about Georgia by viewing recent documents about historic streetcar systems in Georgia, famous Georgia eateries, bicycle and pedestrian safety, and more. Plus, you can pick up a free copy of the 2017 map of Georgia or the official Georgia travel guide (while supplies last).
Through the Digital Library of Georgia, we also have access to thousands of Georgia government publications online. Some recent publications include:
- articles about African American heritage in Augusta, Gordon County, and Jekyll Island in a recent issue of Reflections: Georgia African American Historic Preservation Network
- Telling time by the tides: an archaeological history of the Cathead Creek Historic District, McIntosh County, Georgia
- numerous Press Releases and Executive Orders from the Governor about appointments, funds distributions, special events, and more
- Georgia Department of Corrections reports, including Inmate statistical profile: juveniles in adult prison system, 2017 July
- the August 2017 issue of Georgia Public Libraries News
You can search for and access much more Georgia government information through the Georgia Government Publications catalog.