February 4, 2018

Jordan Peele Quit Acting Because He Was Offered the Role of S—t in ‘The Emoji Movie’

The one downside to Jordan Peele being so successful as a filmmaker is that he says he’s done with acting. The “Get Out” writer/director, who received three Academy Award nominations for his debut feature, won a different prize last night: best first-time director at the DGA Awards. While accepting this honor, Peele revealed what went into his decision: “‘The Emoji Movie’ actually helped me quit acting. I was offered the role of Poop,” he explained.

“This is true. I would not make this up,” he continued. Peele’s response to the offer was to say “that’s fucked up” before deciding to sleep on it for a night. He called his manager the following day to ask how much he was being offered for his emoji-related services, but by then it was too late: “[My manager said], ‘They’ve already given it to Sir Patrick Stewart.’ I was like, ‘Fuck this.’”

“The Emoji Movie” was one of the most widely reviled films of last year, whereas “Get Out” was one of the most highly praised — which is to say, it’s doubtful that Peele regrets his decision.

Source: IndieWire film

0 Comments

Leave A Comment