Leave a comment

Eric Williams

Mr. Eric Williams shares:

What do you remember most fondly about the MFT program (experiences, fellow students, faculty, learning, etc.)?

“I remember Dr. Laughlin being super cool. The practicum experiences in the Moore St. Clinic I will never forget with the team buzzing in offering new ideas. I talk to other students and professionals from various programs that never experienced that. VSU MFT program has been a cut above the rest for a long time!”

We’d love to hear something of what you are doing with your life!  Tell us about your job (whether MFT related or not), your family, your educational pursuits, etc.:

“I am an Army veteran working in my very own private practice (6 years now) in Fayetteville, NC. I am also a husband of 8 years and father of identical twins ages 6 years old. I am licensed as both LMFT and LPC and credentialed as a Nationally Certified Counselor. I am in my second year of doctoral program at Regent University for Counselor Education and Supervision. My client case load consists mostly of military members, families and veterans. Since my twins are both diagnosed with autism, I serve on board of directors for local chapter autism society. I am pursuing presenting at local, state, and national conferences since I am active in both AAMFT and ACA. Ultimately, I would like to become a professor and help develop and mentor newer clinicians in both the marriage and family therapy and the professional counseling fields. Additionally, I plan to continue working with couples and families and the diversity of issues with which they may present.”