Spring 2022: Meet the Staff!

Lydia Yawn

Editor-in-Chief

lryawn@valdosta.edu

Classification: Senior

Major: English Creative Writing

Pronouns: She/her and They/Them

My name is Lydia Yawn. I like spooky stuff, small animals, and comic books, and my dream is to get my doctorate in creative writing and become a teacher.

I believe horses are from outer space– Nick Miller from New Girl

Ethan Mitchell

Creative Nonfiction Editor odradeknonfiction@gmail.com

ehmitchell@valdosta.edu

Classification: Senior

Major: Mass Media

Pronouns: He/Him

Hi everyone, my name is Ethan; I’m a Mass Media major with minors in Creative Writing and Psychology, I’m a Sagittarius if that matters to you, and the hill I’m willing to die on is that potato salad is a Lovecraftian horror of textures and should never be eaten. I love all forms of entertainment: books, movies, TV, live theater; the one thing I’ve always been more passionate about than anything else is stories, especially if they can make me laugh. I’m very excited to be your creative non-fiction editor, because I grew up in a family of casual storytellers and firmly believe in the value of true stories and experiences. I look forward to reading what you have to say, whether it’s petty, deeply emotional, or just a random moment you thought deserved to be written about.

“…that’s what I want to be when I grow up. Trash” Dolly Parton

Morgan Sykes

Poetry Editor odradekpoetry@gmail.com

mesykes@valdosta.edu

Classification: Senior

Major: English Creative Writing

Pronouns: She/Her

Hi there! I’m a senior English major at VSU that has run out of room on her bookshelf. I collect the occasional seashell, cool rocks, fleeting memories, and scraps of language. I tend to ramble and couldn’t answer a question about a favorite of anything simply because I like too much to decide—I also have hobbies that I start and never finish. I do like dad jokes and puns, some of which you can catch on our Twitter page (go follow us!!)

“I’m so lucky we all lived through who we were / to become who we are.” Neil Hilborn

Camille Grube-Hall

Book Review and Translations Editor odradekbookreviews@gmail.com odradektranslations@gmail.com

Classification: Senior

Major: English Creative Writing

Pronouns: They/Them and She/Her

Hi everyone! I’m Camille, a creative writing major here at VSU. I currently work for both Odradek and the school’s newspaper, The Spectator. When I’m not in class or running around with friends, you can find me reading or playing video games. I run my own personal podcast and blog on creative writing, reading, and literature!

Kaydn Williams

Art editor, Social Media, and Graphic Designer odradekart@gmail.com

kaydwilliams@valdosta.edu

Classification: Senior

Major: Public Relations

Pronouns: She/Her

While I’m still trying to figure out what direction I’m going in life, I’m glad I found amazing people to enjoy this journey with.

Just don’t try to give up trying to do what you really want to do. Where there is love and inspiration, I don’t think you can go wrong.” Ella Fitzgerald