Busy Life in Hong Kong

Hong-Kong-rushing-640x357

Dear all,

Hong Kong people are very busy. No matter students or adult, they can’t stop working. Students have to attend a variety of extracurricular activities such as tutorial class, musical instruments class, sports class, etc. and for adults, work overtime is very common.

https://www.hongkongfp.com/2015/12/08/overtime-hours-in-hong-kong-longest-in-asia-says-survey/

Is working more important than those their families? They could have spent all of their time in work, instead of staying with their families, just because of overtime hours.

Some real life example, my father usually goes home at 20:00 after work, and after finishing the meal, he just straightly goes to take a shower and starts doing his work again. Even on Sunday, he has to attend classes or seminar. We don’t even have time to talk or to have a family day together. And for me myself, I have lots of school work to do too. None of my families is free so that we are just like some strangers live together, that makes all of us feel bad.

I strongly suggest that, no matter how busy we are, we still have to spend time with our families or the family relationship will suffer.

Maybe you guys in Georgia can’t understand how busy we are but I hope that after you read this blog, you can know more about the hectic life in Hong Kong.

Share your feelings down below, and let me know more about the life in Georgia.

Thank you.

Ezra Yung
SKH Bishop Baker Secondary School

10 Comments:

1. Wow I feel bad for you guys. You never get to go anywhere because your so busy.

2. Hey! It seems to me that Hong Kong may have a huge population. In Georgia it does have a big population but not like this it is cool. Oh do you’ll have people who street race?

3. Good afternoon Ezra Yung. Life everywhere can often be busy and hectic if we don’t take the time to relax and keep our priorities straight. I strongly agree that our family relationships will suffer if we do not spend time with them. There is a saying here, “You can choose your friends, but you’re stuck with your family.”

I enjoy my family. I am a parent to three teenagers. A son 19, and two daughters, 17 and 13. They keep life interesting and fun. We enjoy time together, like this past weekend we did some yard work together and then went fishing.

Life should never be too busy for family. With summer coning soon we’re trying to make plans to spend time together and also have time for our friends. Trying to keep life in a healthy balance.

Valdosta State University Student,
    John

4. It never gets to busy down in Georgia but it must suck because of how busy it is

5. And i thought my house/ life was busy…. that must be terrible

6. hey, I want to know about your busy traffic? How do some people get to where they need to go and how long does it takes.

• Hong Kong is not big and we have a good network of public transport system. So usually it will take you less than an hour to travel to a different place in HK. And we usually take bus or railway since driving in HK is quite expensive.

But I have to say that, in busy hours all buses and railways are full of people. It is very crowded!

Brian

7. Wow that seems rough! here in Ga people are very religious and Sundays are purely for church. family’s are always together and doing something. do you have any days specifically for religious reasons?

• In Hong Kong, the Christians and Catholicians will go to church on Sunday also.

Hong Kong has the freedom of religion and we are greatly influenced both by the Western and the Eastern Culture. Thus we will have Christmas, Easter, and together with the Birth of Buddha as our public holidays!

• In Georgia, the dominant religion is Christianity, mostly Protestant. However, there are numerous Protestant groups here, as well as Catholic. We also have other diverse religions represented in Georgia, although the numbers are much smaller. Most large cities in the south have a Jewish Temple and a Muslim Mosque, as well as the occasional Hindu or Buddhist temple in the big cities like Atlanta.