The Woven Web: An Introduction

Excellence is never an accident. It is always the result of high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives.

Aristotle

Hello everybody and welcome to The Woven Web, Valdosta State’s Web Services Blog.

I am your host, Steven Sauls, from the good ol’ city of Valdosta! Since Sept 1, 2023 I have been working as VSU’s Webmaster in the University Marketing & Communications Department. I found this old Web Services blog in a somewhat poor state of health, but it’s now been revived!

The Woven Web I feel is an appropriate name for this little endeavor of a blog, partly because it is the name of one of my favorite songs. I think I like the way the notes of the guitar remind me of VSU…probably in the way that they Cascade overtop of one another.

Most importantly though, it is an appropriate name because, as the quote above suggests, the best website design experience we can offer our students is woven together with high intention, sincere effort, and intelligent execution. They say change starts from within, so what better way to effect change than to be the change first.

That being said, here’s what you can expect from me:

1. Pitiable attempts at dry humor.
  2. Weekly updates on positive changes to the site.
  3. Awesome nuggets of information to take home to your web team.

Check back next week for Issue #2 of The Woven Web.