All floors of the library will be open 24 hours a day for Finals Week beginning Sunday Dec, 7 at 12 P.M. and ending Thursday night, December 11 at 2 A.M.
Advice from your librarians:
- DON’T LEAVE YOUR STUFF UNATTENDED. Not a laptop, a textbook, or a purse. Not even a phone charger. This holds true all year long, but right now you’re so distracted that you forget to keep an eye on your things. It doesn’t matter if you’re just going to the bathroom or if you’re going next door to grab a Philly cheesesteak from Nathan’s. If you leave your things behind, they might not be there when you get back!
- You can alleviate this problem just by studying with a buddy. Then you can look out for each other! We have lots of study rooms available on the first and third floor. They’re first come, first served, so don’t bother trying to reserve one. Get together and finish up your group projects, proofread each other’s papers, or help each other study for your finals!
- Backup your documents! You spend a lot of time working on papers. Don’t let it go to waste just because you lost your flash drive! Save your documents in a couple of different places. Your VSU Office 365 email account includes 1TB OneDrive for cloud storage where you can safely stash your papers in several Web apps for Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and OneNote.
- If you need quiet to write, try the 3rd floor computer lab (the “quiet lab”) by the south staircase. It’s a designated quiet zone!
- Finally, remember that we’re all a little stressed out right now, so be nice to one another.