Activities After School

Staying in school for 8 hours in a row is unbelievably tiring. However, students always have extra energy to do what they love most. That’s why most of the students attend school clubs after school.

Rubik cubes, board games, Japanese culture, you name it. We also have different sports team, volleyball team, handball team, rope skipping team, etc. Activities like these let students relax and have fun while being beneficial to students’ learning. For example, playing Rubik cubes help students to train their logic thinking and problem solving ability. These play a very important role in helping students to strike a balance between study and a healthy life.

What is your favorite school activity?

Marco Lee

SKH Bishop Baker Secondary School

img_20160628_135821

Students are playing board game – Axis and Allies.

6 Comments:

1. That is really cool that you have many activities to keep you entertained after school. The board game reminds me of the board game Risk which I have always enjoyed. Another game my friends have played before is called HeroCLix that uses mini figures based off comic, anime, and movie characters. I played baseball when I was in school and was the strongest hitter on my team. I played in the outfield.

2. Actually our board game club does have a box of RISK. It is an interesting game. Axis and Allies is another game regarding world war II, which is much more complicated than RISK.

Unluckily baseball is not so popular in Hong Kong. Maybe there are not enough baseball fields to promote this activity. As I know, baseball is much more popular in Taiwan and Japan.

Most of the Hong Kong students will play football (soccer), basketball and volleyball after school. And many students like watching NBA also. Those super NBA stars, like Kobe Bryant, are famous icons among some HK basketball lovers.

Brian
    Teacher
    SKH Bishop Baker Secondary School

3. I have also heard that Catan is a fun role-playing/board game that has a lot of tie-ins with social studies topics.

4. What is the hardest after school activity?

5. Thats very cool that you have all of those cool activities that must be fun

6. I tried to solve a Rubik’s cube before. I failed. I don’t like Rubik cubes.