Yuen Long, a district in Hong Kong

What a great view of Yuen Long! I live in Yuen Long, which is a small district in Hong Kong. It’s not the central business zone, so you may not know this place well. Let me tell you more about this area.

Yuen Long is a crowded place. There are lots of people every day. Many of them are the mainlanders, coming to Hong Kong to buy their daily necessities. Yuen Long has fewer buildings than other districts in Kowloon and Hong Kong Island. There are lots of small villages in Yuen Long. At Chinese New Year, there will be lots of celebrations in those villages. The locals will play firecrackers too. It is illegal but it is also Chinese a long history tradition. So some locals still keep this custom, only during Chinese New Year days.
Last but not least, Yuen Long has so many different street foods, egg puff, fish ball, octopus ball, you name it. We also have lots of private kitchens here. Many people come to Yuen Long to enjoy a special meal with their friends!
If you travel to Hong Kong, I think you should visit Yuen Long, I am sure that you will know more about Hong Kong after visiting Yuen Long.

How about Georgia? I haven’t been there before.

Kenny
SKH Bishop Baker Secondary School

%e6%9c%aa%e5%91%bd%e5%90%8d-1

A main road in Yuen Long

whatsapp-image-2016-09-30-at-17-37-10

Street Food Stall

whatsapp-image-2016-09-30-at-17-37-59

Egg Puff

whatsapp-image-2016-09-30-at-17-39-02

Octopus Ball

7 Comments:

1. Wow Kenny, the food looks delicious. In Georgia we have some foods that are also very popular, including what we call ‘country cooking’. Country cooking would include things like fried chicken, fried pork chops, green beans, mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, collard greens, corn-on-the-cob and many more.

2. Samantha Livermore

We have firecrackers in Georgia also. We have one main holiday where almost everyone buys them to celebrate. It is known as Independence Day on July 4th. There are many festivals and gatherings for people to celebrate Independence Day with family and friends.

3. Hey my name is Kaley. That looks really good. My mom says im a pickey eater though. But im sure i would like that.

4. In Valdosta we have many delicious foods including gator tail and grilled chicken but I would love to try an octopus ball.

5. hello my name is Jordan. Can you tell me which food is the best.

6. All of those foods look delicious!!