Welcome to VSU Division of Information Technology–The IT Blog.
The purpose of this blog is to keep you informed of VSU technology-related announcements, initiatives, and services that will help you learn and work more productively. We welcome your comments and suggestions!Stay tuned for more content and consider subscribing to the IT Blog.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ A Message from VSU Chief Information Officer
Information Technology is making numerous improvements and innovations this semester. We are transforming our division to expand our technology infrastructure and provide rapid response support to meet the needs of the campus.
The major projects this semester include:
- a new campus mobile application
- expansion of the student portal
- install 540 touch screen computers in the Health Sciences and Business Administration building
- setup an IT rapid response team (Technical Response Unit)
- build a financial analytics data warehouse
- increase internet speed
- install new firewall
- and continue VOIP deployment
Technology continues to expand and IT has increased staff training to ensure we have skilled and high performing professionals on all teams. 2014 will bring many transformations to IT. We are reinventing and streamlining many services to support the mission and goals of VSU.