INFORMATION SECURITY INTERN (STUDENT EMPLOYMENT)
Proposed Wage: $9.25-$10.25 hourly, depending on qualifications
Application Deadline: April 9, 2021
Read full description and apply at Blazer Briefcase
Job Summary: Interns will assist in facilitating development of information security requirements, policies, and procedures. They will also participate in daily security operations, such as maintenance of our campus firewall and antivirus, while also promoting a safe and secure information technology environment. Finally, depending on their level of prior skill, they may participate in incident response and forensic investigation.
Shifts range from 8AM – 5:30 PM Monday through Thursday and 8AM to 3PM on Friday.
- Must be a current Valdosta State University student enrolled for six or more credit hours and maintaining at least a 2.0 cumulative grade-point average
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn and work in a team environment
- Strong initiative and work ethics
- Basic knowledge of Linux operating systems and the command line interface
- Basic knowledge of Windows operating systems
- Knowledge of computer networking concepts in OSI model layers 1-4
- Basic knowledge of virtual machines
- Preference for candidates with CompTIA Network, CompTIA Security, and/or Cisco CCENT/CCNA certifications